In addition to diverse redundancy, the Mesh/Ring also enhances availability through the following:
- Shortened Radio Links
- Angle Diversity - providing 5 to 10x per link availability improvements
- Option for 3rd diverse links from any node
- Option for 2nd hub node to provide nodal redundancy
The AirPair Mesh/Ring is deployed by using AirPair links, in tandem with an approved Ethernet switch, and an AirPair multi-beam antenna assembly. The Ethernet switch provides protection switching in less than 50 ms.
The Mesh/Ring can be deployed with any of the following licensing options:
- Area License (i.e. 24 GHz DEMS, 28 GHz LMDS, 26 GHz LMDS)
- Link-by-Link licensing (i.e. 11, 13, 15, 18, 23, 26 GHz)
- 24 GHz Unlicensed
In addition to the benefits discussed above, there are the following economic benefits of a Mesh/Ring configuration:
- Reduced antenna size due to shorter links
- Reduced repeater requirements due to shorter links
- Overall, a mesh/ring configuration enables lowest network cost, while providing 99.999% availability, and delivering high-speed native Ethernet services.