With the emergence of the WiMAX standard, multi-point wireless systems are becoming a viable option for last-mile access. This solution is being considered as a competitive offering to residential DSL, as well as an enterprise solution for private line Ethernet and TDM services below 5-10 Mbps.
To facilitate these deployments we solve the operators critical backhaul needs with an ultra low latency, native Ethernet, 200 Mbps wire speed product which delivers the ability to rapidly expand their geographic market coverage. The AirPair product has licensed options where predictability and availability are important drivers. Additionally, AirPair has an unlicensed option in the relatively low ¡Vinterference 24 GHz unlicensed band. The AirPair Flex product is well-suited for WISP applications, enabling low initial cost, with small upgrade costs, as bandwidth requirements increase due in to increased market share.
The inherently low latency performance of the product ensures that in a multi hop network architecture, customers located on the outer edge of the service area are not negatively affected by accumulated latency. With the increased demand for high value packet voice solutions AirPair natively support an 802.1p multi queue base packet prioritization mechanism ensuring that systems optioned at speeds below 200 Mbps delivers differentiated service over the radio path.
Typical providers of this type of solution include:
- WISP's (Wireless ISPs)
- Incumbent Carriers
- IXC's for Last-Mile connectivity
- Native Ethernet Platform well-suited for WiMax Ethernet services
- T1/E1 service support for legacy multi-point systems
- Remote, Simple Scalability up to 200 Mbps using AirPair Flex
- Interference-Free using licensed spectrum
- Rapid, low-cost deployment using near interference-free 24 GHz unlicensed spectrum
- All Outdoor deployment option
- 1+1 Redundancy and Mesh options for high availability
- Ultra-Low Latency supporting voice and video over IP (<.4 ms)
- Native Ethernet optimization
- Rapid scalability to 200 Mbps
- Availability options up to 99.999%
- Multiple frequency options to avoid interference with WiMax Channels